Code of Conduct
Here on the RuneScape forums, we've all come to have fun and enjoy ourselves. For most forumers, what you can and can't say should be common sense - be respectful of others,don't break the Rules of RuneScape and you'll be fine.
If you're new to the forums, or you'd like a refresher, you may want to have a quick read of the below so you know what is and isn't permitted. Please note that the below applies to both your posts, and your forum signatures.
Stick to the rules of RuneScape.
- Bit of a no-brainer; do not break any RuneScape Rules in your posts. Click here to read up on them. All of those rules apply here still, but where a forum rule conflicts a RuneScape rule the forum rule is the boss.
Your posts should be appropriate content.
- We do not need your spam on these forums; that includes unnecessary duplicate threads and offtopic/hijacking posts.
- If you post links or images make sure they are safe for your fellow forumers. Do not use link shorteners.
- Keep personal information confidential, to protect you and other players.
- All content should be safe-for-work.
Be respectful of your fellow forumers.
- No need to flame any players, no matter your history.
- Don't make vulgar, offensive, or profane posts.
- Don't target specific players with accusations.
Good Forumer Guidance
- Though swearing is tolerated, it should never be directed at another individual or group.
- There is a difference between flaming another player and sharing your opinion on their argument. Remember to discuss the topic, not the player you're talking to - play the game not the player.
- Begging is considered as spam, whether for real-life funds or in-game items/money.
- If you spot a thread where you disagree with the poster's opinion, rather than argue with them across multiple pages of their thread consider creating a new thread with your own opinion.
- Though politics and religion threads are now permitted, they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects.