Double XP LIVE
Double up your XP Gains
There's no better time to develop your RuneScape skills than Double XP LIVE.
The next Double XP LIVE takes place between Friday February 19th, 2021 (12:00 GMT) and Monday March 1st, 2021 (12:00 GMT).
Double XP LIVE is the most relaxing way to make the most of the skill grind. You get 48 hours of Double XP goodness to use however you like over the course of 10 days!
To get stuck in, simply log in at any time during the event. As soon as you're in-game, your XP timer will start ticking, and will stop the moment you log out. By giving you the flexibility to use your XP time as you wish, there's no need to worry about pulling an all-nighter or compromising any of your plans. Take your time, relax and enjoy those lovely skill gains!
Read on for full details about the event to make sure you make the most of its magnificent XP bonuses. See you in game!
How Does It Work?
Throughout Double XP LIVE, base XP for most combat and skilling activities is increased:
- +100% for RuneScape members
- +20% for free-to-play players
The Double XP LIVE boost is not applied to the XP earned through the following items or activities:
- Assist system
- XP lamps
- Tomes of experience
- Dragon rider amulet
- Brawling gloves
- Player-owned house altars
- Wilderness Chaos altar
- Dungeoneering wildcards
- Sacred clay
- Ancient effigies
It also does not apply to XP rewards given on hand-in for the following activities:
- Daily Challenges
- Jade Vine
- Strange and golden rocks
- Other Distractions & Diversions
- Harvesting animal produce from Player-Owned Farms
It does not apply to XP awarded on hand-in of points or tokens. Examples:
- Slayer point rewards
- Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets
- Dungeoneering tokens
The Archaeology & Invention skill benefits differently to others:
- Base Precision will be doubled (this means double projects per hour from excavation).
- Excavation & Screening XP are doubled
- Players will not receive Double XP from restoring artefacts, tomes, research, mysteries or pylons.
- Item XP is gained at +50%
- Making items on a workbench (charge packs, siphons etc) gives +50% improved XP
- Disassembling random items (logs, potions etc) will give +50% improved XP
- Disassembling/siphoning equipment does not give improved XP
Ironman accounts do not receive an XP boost on Double XP Weekend.
Finally, while stored Bonus XP itself is not boosted, it is still awarded alongside the boost from Double XP Weekend. So a member training a skill with stored Bonus XP on Double XP Weekend will receive +200% base XP.
Double XP LIVE is always a ton of fun, and is a great time to get stuck in and play alongside the whole RuneScape community.
Looking to track your progress and optimise your training? Consider RuneMetrics Pro - a richly featured analytics suite that helps you get the most out of your weekend.
Keep an eye out for details of Double XP-related events and competition on the following channels: